I have a pretty good idea of my 2020 major goals, so now it's on to my secondary goals. This year I'm trying to create a mix of large and small goals to try and avoid having to rush through huge chunks of work late in the year.
A couple of my current ideas:
- Create some art
- I don't know the medium yet, but I'd like to create something that isn't made of 1s and 0s.
- Read more books
- This is something else that I enjoy doing once I'm doing it, but I find it difficult to get started.
- Contribute to more online communities
- I miss the days of writing forum posts to help out other people. I'd like to do it again.
- Release Bee Button
- This is a really small project I started last year and never fully finished. It's super simple (you push a button on a website and it submits data to Beeminder), but it's something that I find useful.
- Try zero waste living for 30 days
- I try to limit the amount of stuff I throw away, but there's always room for improvement.
- Try blogging every day for 30 days
- This fits in with my "write more" goal. I really struggle with my writing and I have a feeling this would help me.
- Try Zettelkasten for organizing my notes
- I've seen the name "Zettelkasten" crop up in a couple of places, but I only recently started looking into it. I write a lot of notes, and I'd like to see if it helps me keep things more organized.
- Set up a budget
- I started using ledger last year to manage my accounts. This year I'd like to properly budget things.
I have about a dozen more I'm going over, and I'll probably add more as the year goes on.