What is skewer-mode?
Project homepage : https://github.com/skeeto/skewer-mode
to an active browser window. It can be used to update content without having the
reload whatever page the browser is on.
skewer-mode can interact with a page, Emacs needs to start a server and
page code or inserted using a bookmarklet.
What can I use it for?
skewer-mode can be used for the following tasks:
- Updating the CSS of a web page
- Updating HTML of a web page
- C-x C-e – Evaluate the previous JS form and display the result in the minibuffer.
- C-M-x – Evaluate the top-level form around the point and display the result in the minibuffer.
- C-c C-k – Load the current buffer into the skewered window.
Here is some very simple JS evaluation in action:
Updating the CSS of a web page
- C-x C-e – Load the current declaration into the window.
- C-M-x – Load the entire rule surrounding the point.
- C-c C-k – Load the current buffer as a stylesheet.
Styles are updated in the browser without reloading the page, making it very quick to test appearance changes.
Updating HTML of a web page
HTML only uses a single shortcut:
- C-M-x – Load the HTML tag directly surrounding the point.
I tried this a couple of times but couldn't get it working on a live page.